Sunday, October 25, 2009

Divine Focus

Divine Focus.


This is my prayer.

This is my one request.

That God would show me exactly what it is that is key right now,

what is simply a distraction or something that is extra or excess.


I used to say "yes" to different activities, only to become burnt out.

How is it glorifying to God if we are tired, drained, worn-out Christians?

It simply isn't the way that God has called us to live!

In order to be effective, we need to dwell in God's peace.


This is the mark of Christ: His fragrance.


How can we truly 'smell' of Christ if we aren't dwelling IN Christ?

How do we expect to react to a situation in a Godly way if we haven't

experienced the love of God, being poured into our hearts, or felt the

renewal of our minds by the power of God's word?


What I long for: to know that I am exactly where God wants me to be.



Oh, how I love to simply hear His voice, instead of the constant noise of this hurried life.

To simply
Breathe.
Pause.
Reflect.



It purifies.


Purify our hearts, Lord.

Purify our minds.

Let us be a people who are set apart for Your name, and Your renown.

Oh Jesus, let us not be pulled away by all of the distractions of this world.

Let us fix our gaze upon You, Father.

To know You, Father, is our hearts cry.

Jesus, we are the reward of your suffering.

Let us see You, Lord. One glimpse brings us to our knees in awe of

Your glorious splendor.

-Lysandra Elena

(Ps. 119:32)
"I run in the path of Your commands, for you have set my heart free."


No comments: