Friday, October 2, 2009

"What's the answer/To the question/I hear inside my heart?" (The Searching Song by LEB)

When I opened the page for My Utmost for this morning, gotta tell ya, it was quite a blow to my pride (once again lol). But then I realized that THIS is the answer to my question (see "The Girl vs. The Cynic").

It seems the theme recently has been God teaching me what it is to be humble, patient, kind, & gracious in the midst of difficulties. Being in a bind is NO EXCUSE to be unkind or nasty. When we're 'squeezed', the character of Christ should come forth. At least, that's the goal in my life.

If I'm in 'the valley' instead of on the mountaintop, that is not a license to despair. In no way am I allowed to give up hope. It has been strongly impressed upon me that this is where the battle takes place; in the midst of adversity. This is where character is shaped, by what I think, say, and do when life is hectic & stress levels are high.
Read the following with a willing heart. I pray that God would show you something fresh & new. <3,
LEB

Go to the reading for the second of October:

http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php

No comments: