Saturday, May 22, 2010

Grace Amazing.

God's grace is so overwhelming, and often shows up in the most unexpected ways. Today, we decided to have a family time of prayer and worship. So the girls were dancing to "Carried to the Table" by Leeland, a dance that Casiphia & I choreographed together and have performed numerous times in different venues. We couldn't remember all of the steps, so we decided to watch a dvd of our performance last May.

As soon as I sat down to watch, I was struck by the power of God's presence and anointing on this dance. It was like his grace, love and mercy washed over me. God reminded me that this is why I dance- to worship Him. There is such a purity that God has as a banner over us when we dance, and it is the power of God's presence that sets our art apart from that of the world.

I realized how much more I need to rely upon God to be my everything. It's so easy to fall into pride, and think that we've got it all figured out. We continue on as if we didn't even really know God, going through the motions yet not really savoring the moments spent with him. Pride is so sneaky. We can even be prideful in thinking that we have so much humility that pride isn't even an issue. What a web of deception is woven all around us, without us even realizing that we are tied up in sin.

God sure opened my eyes to areas of pride within my heart. I was prideful that I hadn't been caught up in pride the way that some christians I know have been. What a bunch of lies from the enemy. Yet even with all of this, God's grace is sufficient for me, that his strength is made perfect in weakness. Where I fail, he will fill in the gaps and continue to make me into the image of Christ.

Thank you God for your amazing grace that has saved someone like me- I have been so lost, yet You found me and picked me up out of the mire and I will never be the same. Let me not forget how I have been saved by grace, through faith, and not of myself. That it is the gift of God, and no one has the right to boast or think that it is through anything that they have done that they are saved. Teach me to be set apart for your purposes, and not led astray by any vain imaginings. Lord make me a tool in your hand.

No comments: