Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Searching Song



The Searching Song by Lysandra Elena

{Verse 1}

Broken and battered I feel inside

I feel the fear, I want to hide

I don't know what to do, don't know what to do...

What's the answer to the question, I feel inside my heart?

What's the answer to the question I've been asking for so long?


{Chorus}

Where do I go from here?

Where do I run from here?

I don't know where to go, don't know where to run.

Where do I go from here?

Where do I run from here?

I don't know where to go, don't know where to go from here.


{Verse 2}

What's the next step I ask to you...

Can't seem to see right through the fog of life that comes around me.

I feel so lost.

Seems I've been here before, seems I've seen these problems-but I don't

know where, where to go from here, where to go from here.


{Bridge}

And I've tried and tried to trust you.

I've tried and tried to trust you.

But Lord, I'm weary.

I'm tired Lord- I'm broken.

I need you Lord.


I don't know what the next step is here

I've tried to trust you, tried to follow after your heart alone.

I don't know what the next step is here- but I will trust in you.

Copyright Lysandra Elena Music 2009

2 comments:

She Will Move Mountains said...

That's so beautiful...what a sweet outpouring and cry out to God! I wish I could 'hear' it, and not just have read it, but nevertheless it is beautifully written.

I wanted to send you an invite to my new 'invitation only' blog, but I need your e-mail address, if you'd like me to send you an invite. (I started another blog for my poetry and writings, but didn't want the whole world to see it!)
-Sarah

Lys said...

Thanks! That means a lot to me!

I have a super rough recording of it on garageband...I'm hoping to record it again with help from my dad to mix it so it sounds better!

I'll send you my e-mail on facebook. :)