Saturday, May 28, 2011

Reflections on my 22nd Birthday


One year ago, I would not have expected to be where I am at today. I moved to a new city, attended a new school, and made a lot of amazing new friends. Life hasn't been perfect, but I have grown so much. I have realized that I am stronger than I thought, because God's joy is my strength. God has brought me out of a lot of legalism, into living out of a love and longing for His presence. Truly I am so thankful for this year, away from my family, with my new family - dear friends and a church who supports me and loves me. God knew what I needed before I asked for it, and He provided streams in the desert. 

Now, I am once more transitioning to a new school and city. This time, however, there is a difference. I will have family around me - I will be house mates with my sister, Casiphia, and my dear friend Joanna. Great things are just around the bend, but I am still savoring each moment as this old season comes to an end. Thank you Lord for another year of walking with You - blessings unimaginable, provision, healing -  truly I have a good Father. 

No comments: