Friday, May 6, 2011

My Sustainer


God you are my God, earnestly I seek. Hide me in the Shadow of your Wing.
-The Psalmist

Truly, I can say that God has sustained me this year.
Looking back, I wonder at how I made it through.
The Lord is the strength of my life, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer,
My strong tower, my refuge, and a very present help in time of need.

He has supplied all that I have needed by His right hand. 
If I believed for one second before that my faith was strong,
Now I know beyond a doubt that my trust in God is solid.
He has proven Himself faithful during these months,
And done a deep work in my heart.

I believe it was a year and a half ago, it may have been more recent,
But I felt God say that He was strengthening and deepening
The roots of my trust in Him.

If anything, I know the purpose of my year here at school has been this:
to build an unshakeable, unchangeable, and constant hope in my Savior.
While I have learned other spiritual and practical lessons as well,
I feel that this is the overarching theme:

Building a Solid Trust in God’s Goodness.

God has taken this heart of mine, and turned it towards Him in such a way that I will never be the same again. 

No comments: