Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Girl vs. The Cynic

Sometimes, my creative inspiration comes from the most random places...I mean c'mon, an old John Reuben cd, that happened to be on my old myspace blog, which I archived within the past couple of days...But somehow, it's totally relevant!

So I 'borrowed' the title of this entry- John Reuben's cd is entitled "The Boy vs. The Cynic". :)

Internal struggle...
Do I keep day dreaming as the 'girl', or do I shake myself out of it and become the rational 'cynic'?

Such a point of internal conflict.

I love to hope, to dream, to reach towards what I see as the ultimate goal. But, at the same time, the practical part of me says that I've got to do what makes sense right now. I can't keep thinking that everything will work out the way I wish it would...

So many times, it seems like my heart is pulling me in the right direction, but my head fights to go the opposite way. I'm just wondering if this internal 'battle' will end anytime soon. I don't like this feeling. It's uncomfortable. But maybe I'm not supposed to be comfortable. Hopefully this point of conflict will cause a stir within me to create a feistiness within my character; I've been passive for far too long.

This is one that just needs to be left to simmer for a little bit longer...I don't know the answer but I'm on the quest to find it.

--LB, The Adventurer.

1 comment:

Jonathan Lewis said...

This is soooo true for young people today. Definitely should be the topic of more sermon's I think! I think neither the heart or the mind are inherently wrong- at least, from the sense that God created both to be pure. Unfortunately, sin has corrupted them both. And, being corrupted, there will always be strife between the two. It is only through God's infinite grace and mercy that these parts are cleansed through the person of the Holy Spirit. The heart (source of emotions and desire) begins to see God's desires instead of its own. The mind (source of logic and reason) begins to see wisdom and knowledge instead of doubt. It is only then, when these two parts are pure , that we will see them in perfect agreement.