Friday, June 11, 2010

"Come to Me"

The questions that truly matter in life are remarkably few, and they are all answered by these words— “Come to Me.” Our Lord’s words are not, “Do this, or don’t do that,” but— “Come to me.” -Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. 


Day 4 (June 10th, 2010) Summer Dance Internship


Day four of my internship didn't slow down that much more than Day 3. The only difference was I didn't have to run around as much, so that was good! Whew.
I woke up early (6am-ish) and attempted to start installation of microsoft office for my mac (yet again) to no avail. Then I wrote on my blog, and did some other misc. things, including getting ready for the day.  By 8:30am, I was ready to go! Mr. Chen tried to help me troubleshoot the Microsoft install, but he is not familiar with Mac computers, so he wasn't sure what the issue might be. I tried to get in touch with Microsoft for about half an hour (it's almost impossible to find a phone number on their site!). Finally, I got the number for customer service. It took awhile, but perseverance pays off! 


When I finally was being transferred to the technician who would be working on my case number, I said good-bye to the customer service rep who was opening my case, and automatically hung up the phone. *Sigh*...I called back, thankfully since I had a case number, it didn't take long to get back on the phone with the technician who walked me through the installation. After about another hour on the phone, it finally worked! YAY!


By 12pm, the software was completely installed. A morning basically spent on the phone, but it was totally worth it. I started working on a promotional brochure, and finished it up by 1:30pm. Not too shabby. I had lunch at around 1:30, and prepared to head to Trader Joe's to pick up some sweet snacks for the recital this Saturday. 


Trader Joe's was only about 10-15 minutes away. It was my first time going there, but some of my friends love it, so I was excited. I bought 4 packs of kettle corn, 4 bags of chocolate covered pretzels, 2 packs of granola bars, 4 bags of trail mix, a bag of peanut butter filled pretzel nubs, and a Trader Joe's reusable bag (it was red & really pretty!).  All that for around $50. SCORE!


I made it back to the Chen's house by 3:10. I had to make sure to be back by 3:30 to avoid the traffic jams that ensue when all the kids get out of school. I prepared to practice/work on my solo for about an hour. I practiced in the upper room until 4:30-ish. The Chen's were my audience-and they were so encouraging too! Fanny even videotaped me, which was awesome, since there isn't a mirror in the space (a good thing sometimes when you're rehearsing). 


At around 4:30, I had a conference call that lasted a little over half an hour. We had to leave at half past five to make it on time to a 6:30pm rehearsal (it's an hour away, with traffic). So I got all my things together, and we left. I had so much stuff to load into the car: purse, laptop/misc. bag, garment bag, plus the two bags of snacks for Saturday! lol.


We arrived at the practice on time. The first 20 minutes of practice, everyone prayer journals -very cool idea. When that portion ended, everyone circled up for prayers/praises, notes, and opening prayer. For the next half hour, everyone had a costume check/approval. While we were waiting, I played "Bow to your Sense" (also known as "Kung Fu") with the younger gals. After a few minutes, the younger girls worked on their West African dance. Once costume checks were over, the company started running through all of their pieces for Saturday. They put so much heart into all of it, I'm sure Saturday will be wonderful. 


We finally got home at 10:30pm. I was dead tired, but still had to mail off brochures to the copier for Saturday's recital. I finished up those items, and still ended up going to bed a lot later than I wanted to...but I'm glad I finished up those projects!


Today, I am going to attend a 3 hour (Yes, 3 hour!!! :D) Modern class with Ronya-Lee. Tonight, we have dress rehearsal at the venue we will be performing in this Saturday.


Adios Amigos!


Lysandra



1 comment:

She Will Move Mountains said...

Sounds like you are having a very busy but very fun time nonetheless! I look forward to hearing more about your dance internship!