Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dance Internship: June 14th (Day off!)

June 13th was my day off, so I made some awesome plans to go visit my Uncle & his family. They live about 1/2 an hour from where I am staying, so it wasn't too bad of a drive. I arrived at Tio Marcos' house at 12pm. My little baby cousins are so adorable.

They were jumping up and down, hanging all over me when I came in. Their names are: Aliza (6), Amelia (3), and Anita (1). They are all simply adorable little girls, with glossy black, bouncing curls, big brown eyes, and long black eyelashes that women all over the world would do anything to get. And on top of all that they have tireless energy!

I chatted with Tia Tami for a few minutes. The little girls were all ready for me to play with them- Amelia was carrying her collection of ducks around (her favorite toys), and telling me that the ducks were "dirty because Aliza touched them" and that we needed to give them a bath. Classic.

So, I told them to dress up in their favorite outfit and get their favorite toys ready to show to me. When I headed upstairs (after much urging from the girls to hurry and come ha ha), they were ecstatic. Amelia had her collection of rubber duckies to show to me, and her favorite stuffed bear (Woozy).

Aliza showed me her entire collection of stuffed animals, each of which had a name and a special interest or ability ("This is rainbow cat, when she jumps, she makes a rainbow" was my favorite description). She also showed me her favorite stuffed bear that she always snuggles with at bedtime.
Anita ran & got her "Rosy bear" to show it off and be like her sisters. She is too cute. Oh my goodness!

After this "show & tell" time, we gathered the rubber duckies, and each of us took turns scrubbing them with this special brush that Amelia has to wash them with. I wonder how many baths they get a day? :)
By the end, Amelia was satisfied that they were clean, although there were a few tears over who would get to bathe certain ducks (specifically the pink duck with the heart, that one was a favorite for sure).

At 2:30, I took Amelia & Aliza to the neighborhood pool. It was a gorgeous facility with a kiddie pool, and a regular sized pool with Olympic sized swimming lanes, a diving board, and a shallow end for kids.
We went back & forth between the kiddie pool and the kid's shallow end of the big pool. We had fun racing each other (Amelia went on my back & we raced against Aliza), playing with the ducks in the kiddie pool (even though another child "kidnapped" one, and didn't want to give it back; surprisingly, Amelia stayed calm through this ordeal). All in all, we stayed at the pool for 2 1/2 hours! The girls did great, but we took breaks throughout to have snacks/drinks. They did really well!

After we arrived back at Tio Marcos & Tia Tami's house, I needed a little bit of quiet time! I had a blast with the little girls, but I was pretty tired. I went out on the deck & journaled for a bit in the rain (I was under the shelter, but I watched the rain :). It was quite lovely.

We all went to IHOP for dinner- I ordered the international crepe passport- it was so delicious. Fresh fruit on top, bacon, eggs...coffee. Yummy! We had a nice time visiting with each other.

When we got home,  the girls prepared for bed. Aliza was really sad that I was leaving; I said good-bye twice, and then on the phone on the way to downtown to see the monuments with Tio M. We finally got the the monument I wanted to see at close to 11. Detours threw us off, so that was kind of disappointing. But they looked AMAZING at night. I did get some nice pictures, so that was great as well. Tio Marcos drove back with me to my apartment. He didn't want me going in alone at night. Which is good- I felt safer because he drove with me and walked me to my door. It tacked an additional half hour to his drive, but it was so appreciated! What a wonderful day my Monday was - the best day off ever!

~Lysandra

No comments: