Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 19th & 20th (Dance Internship)

Saturday, June 19th, 2010

This past Saturday was quite interesting- in a good way :)
I woke up, and realized that I was only about an hour away from the city where I will be attending
college this fall. I had to work remotely, so I figured that I could stop in at a local coffee shop (where they have Wi-Fi), and work from there. It was a great opportunity to look around for off-campus housing. I think I may have found what I am looking for! I'm getting pretty excited too. My friend, Sarah, also came with me. It was a pretty chill, fun trip. We arrived & drove around a bit, then stopped in at my favorite coffee shoppe to grab some lunch (while I worked on a few things). We arrived back at Sarah's house about an hour and a half before I needed to be leaving to meet with Ronya.

Dinner with Ronya & her friend was at 6pm. We went to this cute little mexican place - very classy, yet reasonable prices too. It was delicious! We got a sampler of plantains- so delicious! I ordered a taco salad, which was also scrumptious. After we finished visiting, Ronya & I met to discuss the past couple of weeks at a dessert/coffee shop next door. I ordered a lemon bar & coffee; I sure do love citrus flavored foods. Our meeting went well; we finished up and I dropped her off at the dorm where she is staying for the two weeks of the camp.

Arrived at my 'home base' kind of late, but I wasn't tired (at all) since I had regular coffee (at 8pm!)...not the best idea. I was up for a while, but finally headed to bed once the coffee wore off.



Sunday, June 20th, 2010


Visited Sarah's church with her. It was a wonderful, powerful message. It seemed like God had me come there for a very specific purpose, so that I could hear that message. Wow, I'm still processing through the richness of the revelation that was shared.

I got an (awesome) water bottle for being a first time guest, as well as a free coffee. I tried out this s'more latte (iced, decaf!), & it wasn't bad. :) We headed back to Sarah's house afterwards, then I grabbed some lunch & rushed to meet Ronya. We went & scoped out my parking area (only 2 hour parking), then headed to the mall to look for a jean jacket or sweater for her.

She found some nice jeans (kind of look like linen jeans!), but no sweater. I think she will continue looking to see if she can find what she is looking for. We finished up by 4:30pm, and I dropped her back off at the campus.

When I came back to my host's home, we had burgers for dinner (I helped prepare them a little bit). They were dee-licious. We watched BBC's North & South altogether- I love that series! I also took a much needed nap from 5-6 (ish). When I woke up, I thought it was the next morning, which was pretty hilarious. But despite the confusion,  I felt so refreshed! I believe that I will always advocate taking naps - they promote happiness & longevity.

What a great Sunday. It truly was a sabbath for me, since I was able to relax and recharge my batteries.

Until we meet again,

Lysandra

No comments: