Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rethink. Reflect. Renew.

Today was a day for me to simply rethink, reflect, and renew. I have been going & going, running around doing so many things. Even when I wasn't "on the go," I was still thinking about all of the things that needed to be done. Talk about stress! So much on my mind, and then when I wasn't aware of something pressing needing to be done, I was trying to recall some important task that it felt like I should be doing.

What I did today was what I had needed to do for a long time.

I simply sat in my room and journaled. Then I took a short nap...when I woke up, I sat on my bed and thought for a long time. I thought about everything I've been doing this summer, and mentally worked through all of the things I've been doing and how I have been spending my time. A time of reflection is the best label for this time.

And it was truly refreshing. It allowed me to mentally recharge.
I have been getting so frustrated, feeling like there is so much left to accomplish in preparation for all of my transitions coming up, but there comes a point at which you do all that you can do, and then it's time to sit and wait. Wait and watch for the opportunity, try to listen and hear what God is leading you to do...I am learning so much more to trust in Him. He has provided housing for me, when one month ago I wasn't even sure where I was going to live!

Now I am looking for a job, but I know that God will lead me in this job search, and provide the perfect work environment & schedule for me. He has promised that He will supply all that I need, and it is time that I stop simply knowing these facts, and take them to heart (personalize them). This is His promise to me, and I will hold onto that hope with all that is within me.

No comments: