Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Breathing

"...Surely, this isn't breathing, my chest burning & heaving-it's like my pulse is ceasing, like my heart quits beating... (gasping for breath)..." Not Without Love, The Benediction, Jimmy Needham.


Was I really breathing before?

Well, yes...literally, yet not figuratively.

Striving so often, gasping for breath...yet life would thrust me into the undertow.

It seemed like I could only truly come up for air every few months.
But now, I've come to a revelation.

Not only am I a 'creative soul,' I am an artist. In every sense of the word.

The artist within me has been fighting so hard to get out, and I think it's finally time that I let this creature run free.

Setting aside time for stillness is probably the biggest step.

Just time to 'be' is key.

So here goes- I've been taking baby steps towards this goal, but now I'm going to jump in with both feet. No longer will I be content to simply dip my toe into the water. I will immerse myself in creative activities that will enhance my artistic self.

Current creative projects: designing business card, as well as a mural for a photo shoot. Also, working on several songs that I have written- they simply need a bit of tweaking/perfecting. Soon, I will figure out how to use garage band & that will help with mixing my music a lot!

More updates to follow..

-LB

No comments: