Sunday, September 13, 2009

There's a purpose/ In every path you take/ A reason why you live.

A dear friend once told me a great piece of advice:

how to know if it's God leading you.

She said "You will know that it is God leading, because there won't be confusion. There will be perfect peace & clarity. God leads with a strong urging, and there will be peace surrounding this as well." (Mrs. Cheryl R.)

If there is clearly and open door, I will walk through it. God is sovereign, and He will guide me in the right path. This is a concept that I have wrestled with, and simply decided to trust.

I think that it is the most incredible feeling when you're in the middle of a situation, and you can see how God has lined up all of the players, almost like a game of chess. It's completely mind boggling!

An example of God's sovereignty:

1. Right now, I'm taking a Sociology class- I simply love it. We are in Ch. 3, and it is on culture. This is really interesting to learn about, especially for me, because of the fact that I've been on 3 trips overseas.

2. I love different cultures, simply because my family is international. I am half Bolivian, and when we come together, it's a party!! Mi Abuelita is a gourmet chef, and she spoils us- yummmmmmy!!. Home-made breads, mashed potatoes, spinach salad, rice pudding, alfajores pompadour, seafood souffle...can you tell that I'm hungry right now? Lol!

3. I love to dance- it is simply a part of my being. I can't go a day without stretching, exercising, or just moving around in some way! It is simply a joy for me to dance- all kinds, especially line dances, bring such joy to everyone! I love learning new dances- it is my heart's desire to be able to bridge the gap to many different cultures and travel the world like Ana Pavlova. She shared her gift of creativity with those who had nothing to give in exchange. Likewise, I would like to share my gift of dance with those who are destitute, yet are still desiring to see beautiful artwork, and are worthy to experience it.


All these premises have a purpose, obviously.

Last night, my family went to the Greek Food Festival- it was incredibly rich. Delicious Gyros, Baklava, & other delicious authentic Greek treats. I met up with some friends when we got there. My parents met up with a couple- they are so incredibly cool! The wife is Bolivian, and the husband is Greek, yet he speaks and understands fluent Espanol. It was pretty humorous to hear a Greek gentleman replying to his Bolivian wife (who spoke to him in Spanish), in English!!

So I got there, & met up with my friend Katelynn & her mom. We went inside to watch the dancing. The youth were dancing, and it was so joyous. You could tell that everyone wanted to join in, but most of them were probably too scared to join in, due to a fear of failure or something similar. It was pure joy- to see the children & young teens so excited to be doing the cultural dances of their country. I could tell that many of them were probably 2nd or 3rd generation, but they still loved the dancing.

So they had an opportunity for everyone to join in...so I pulled my friend Katelynn into the 'beautiful chaos' with me. It was so much fun. Afterwards, I chased down the instructor, Didira, and asked her about lessons. She explained that it was more of a church group type thing, but was flattered by my interest. I explained to her that I do all kinds of dance, and I just love cultural dances! Basically, if it's a line dance, I'm in. haha! So we exchanged information, and she told me to best thing to do would be to call the church office.

After that, I found everyone again, then we went & got some scrumptious gyros and chowed down. I need to figure out how to make those- they are a little piece of heaven. Wait- the real little piece of heaven is baklava...mmmmm. So flaky & sweet. I better stop- I'm making myself hungrier... ;)

Ok, so as it turns out, my dad worked with an older gentleman named Ted P. at DuPont. We met his wife, she is a sweetheart! So we told her about how I wanted to come learn the dances at the church, and she said she would talk to the Priest's wife about me joining in the dance classes. What an open door! She told me to call the church office, but that she would make sure that they knew who I was.

All of this happened last night. This morning, I woke up and opened my Bible- it was to Acts Ch. 20. No lie- the header for this passage (NKJV) is "Journeys in Greece." If this isn't God leading me to get involved in this, then I don't know what it is. I am in awe of God & His perfect timing in all things.

Thank you Jesus for your hand in my life!

1 comment:

Jonathan Lewis said...

Wow...this is really amazing. You're writing ability alone is growing tremendously. The picture you paint of the greek festival is very heart-warming. The title is an absolute perfect fit for the post.