Tuesday, September 22, 2009

.Walking it out.

I'm amazed how life is never quite what you expect it to be. Of course, that's not a bad thing always, either. If we always knew what was around the next bend, when would the excitement & intrigue have a chance to cause us to keep chasing the dream?

In many ways, by God's grace, I have in some small way 'realized' a dream. It is a huge overall vision, but it has been in my heart for years, literally. It's amazing how if I really search out God's will, it somehow seems to come back to a dream that I had when I was much younger. It causes me to wonder how much creativity & innovation has been stunted/cut off by people simply choosing to give up on their dreams.

That's what the Lord has protected the most in me, I think. My Dreams.
Vision for where I want to go in the future, and how I will get there. It's so incredible to finally see a piece of the big picture. It simply blows me away. God's ways are perfect, in His timing especially.

"The right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing." (CJB)

Had a chance to take a mini-roadtrip today, which I always enjoy. It's always a great time to think over what has been going on in my life, and where I'm headed, etc. I love times of reflection.

God was definitely speaking to me to savor more. I get so busy sometimes, I forget to simply enjoy this season of my life. Just taking in a breath of fresh air in the morning, when the dew is still fresh on the ground, is a moment to praise God for creating everything so wonderfully.

During this road trip, God spoke to me of several things to lay at His feet. It was such a defining moment, I'm not sure that I quite have processed what exactly was enacted in me. Definitely something epic. Something indescribable. I am so much lighter in so many ways, so free from those burdens.

Oh, lay your burdens aside. The Father wants your heart, can't you see?

Striving, so often, we gasp & pant for a single breath to renew our lungs.

Yet this weight was never meant to be.

The expectations were never set by our Savior, but are man-made & legalistic.

Oh let Me come in like a flood & wash away the pain inside.

Oh child, hold on, love will find you.

No comments: